The annual public board meeting of the Frankford Community Development Corporation was held at Aria Health on January 19th. The meeting provides and opportunity for residents to come out to talk with the CDC about past accomplishments and future plans.
The board is presently made up of: Marie DeLany (President), Dan Lodise (Vice President), Patricia Miller (SEPTA), Terence McSherry (NET), Michael O’Brien (resident), Mike Galdi (Century 21 Realty), Herb Frayer (S&A Cleaners), Santo Caruso (Aria Health), Faye Allen (SPIN) and Fernando Torres (Mark My Flesh). In addition Tracy O’Drain is the Managing Director. Michell Feldman is Corridor Manager and Special Events Coordinator. Lisa DeMore is the Bookkeeper.
- Significant progress in social media and marketing – The CDC has a revamped and useful web site and is a prominent Frankford resource on Facebook.
- The CDC is working closely with the Philadelphia Workforce Development Corporation to get people working.
- Has recruited new business (A Cupcake Wonderland and Philly Love Bar to the Globe) to Frankford and assisted existing businesses (Avenue Shoes, Denbys, Gilberts, Just Good Scents, Quickie Mart, Simply Flawless).
- Raised the profile of Frankford with some significant special events like the Second Saturday festivals.
- Began work on the 4600 block of Frankford Avenue project. Impact Services under an existing contract with the city will begin work this year on those improvements.
- New computer lab via PhillyRising came this month.
Dan Lodise announced at the end of the meeting that he will be stepping down as Vice President. The board has room for several more members and I believe we need more residents on the board. There were two exceptional people at the meeting who were interested in possibly joining. I hope they do. Both are business women in Frankford. Just the people we need.
Tracy and Michelle did a great Power Point presentation at the meeting that I recorded for my notes but it is so detailed I am including it below for your information if you care to see some of the details.
It works best in full screen and pause it at each slide if you need time to read them.