There was a large contingent of political representatives at the Northwood Civic Association meeting on June 16h as well as a good turnout of residents.
Stewart Graham for Councilman OH, James Kennedy for Congressman Boyle and Darien Stafford for Representative Dawkins all gave updates.
Resident issues discussed:
- Traffic on Castor Avenue
- Rerouting of buses because of the ongoing work on Foulkrod Street
- Story about somebody gaining entry to 1301 Wakeling Street with the intention of taking possession and renting it out. Joe krause says this is a scam going on throughout the city. He is addressing the issue.
- Abandoned cars at Oakland and Filmore
- 1200 block of Filmore sees speeding cars as a big problem.
- Speeding at Harrison and Pratt.
Issues being resolved:
- Councilwoman Sanchez has secured funding to begin repairs to the building at Simpson Recreation Center. We should expect that project to take a year.
- No truck parking signs are being put up as manpower is available.
Stop signs for Castor Avenue – not yet determined if they will go up.
The next meeting of the Northwood Civic Association will be held on Tuesday, July 21st at 7 PM at St. James Lutheran Church Castor Avenue and Pratt Street.