The EPIC Stakeholders meeting on February 28th was stocked with a full menu of speakers and a good dinner provided by the culinary crew of 2nd Baptist Church.
On the agenda were:
- Jennifer Selby for EPICELITE
- Northeast Hunger Outreach – Noelle Dames from the Coalition Against Hunger
- Child Abuse Prevention Resources – Karla Eyre (CAPE)
- Increasing your child’s academic achievement – Marvin Dutton, Marvin’s Educational Services
- Community Policing – Captain John McCloskey, 15th District
- Understanding the Impact of AVI – Jason Dawkins, Office of Councilwoman Maria Quinones-Sanchez
- NU’AMVAW – Leon Brantley
- Veterans Services – Roslyn Campbell
Jason gave the best clearest explanation of AVI that has been made. Captain McCloskey explained what is going on with policing strategies and how it will help make Frankford better. Leon Brantley talked about the untold African American history of Northeast Philadelphia. The other speakers were informative and well worth hearing.
The next meeting of the EPIC Stakeholders will be on Thursday March 28th at 5:30 PM at 2nd Baptist Church at 1801 Meadow Street.