Another fast paced EPIC meeting was held at 2nd Baptist Church on Thursday, May 30th. The highlights were:
- The 8th Annual National Fatherhood Conference at the Pennsylvania Convention Center from 9AM to 3PM on the 200 Level. The Conference is a FREE event that provides a national forum for learning and workshops centered on educating male parents and mentors. The event attracts a truly diverse and national audience including over hundreds of Fathers from over eight different states, of all races, cultures, backgrounds, religions, orientations, and colors attend. The conference focuses on Parenting, Financial/Asset Building, Health & Wellness, Legal Rights, Education and Healthy Relationships.
- The recent Frankford Youth Rally held at Frankford High School managed in spite of some bad weather. The kids had a great time.
- The first annual Mother and Daughter Bonding Summit will be held on June 22nd from 9AM to 2PM at Belfield Recreation Center, 2100 West Chew Avenue. More information is available at http://www.motherdaughterbonding.org/
- Becky Espanol and Denea Whitest made a presentation for the Parents Involved Network. The subject of dealing with charter schools and some of the unique issues that your children might encounter.
- David Lapp, from the Education Law Center, gave a wide ranging presentation on legal issues related to education. The School to Prison Pipeline concept rang true with the group. More information is available at http://www.elc-pa.org/
The next Northeast EPIC Stakeholders meeting is scheduled for Thursday June 27 at 5:30PM at the 2nd Baptist Church at 1801 Meadow Street.