- Tuesday December 11th – 7:30PM – Historical Society of Frankford – Jim Wiley presents Old Toys and How they Work; Old toys will be on display.
This is our Winter Social. Please bring tea sandwiches or a dessert to share if you wish. $5.00 Donation for Non Members
- Thursday December 13th – 7PM – Jim Wiley presents “Old Toys and How they Work” Old toys will be on display.
This is our Winter Social. Please bring tea sandwiches or a dessert to share if you wish. $5.00 Donation for Non Members at Simpson Playground
- Saturday December 1st – Noon – North Catholic IT Academy Open House
- Saturday December 1st – 7PM – at Mozaic – the Butch Ballard Trio
- Sunday December 2nd – 11:30AM – at St. Joachim – Christmas Wonderland
- Sunday December 2nd – Noon – Grand Army of the Republic Open House
- Sunday December 2nd – 1:ooPM – Historical Society of Frankford Open House
- Monday December 3rd – 6:00PM – Rain Barrel Workshop at Frankford Group Ministry
- Wednesday December 5th – 6-10PM – Gallery night at Mozaic
- Thursday December 6th – 7:00PM – East Frankford Civic Association meeting
- Friday December 7th – 9:00AM – Frankford Friends School Open House
See the community calendar more details about these events.
Saturday the 24th and Sunday the 25th – Greenwood Cemetery Cleanup – Greenwood Cemetery Cleanup LOCATION; 931 Adams Ave., Philadelphia,Pa 19124 WHEN; Saturday, November 24 and Sunday, November 25 TIME; 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM or whenever you can attend between those times. LUNCH AND SNACKS WILL BE PROVIDED: by FOG Please wear sturdy shoes and work gloves. This is a rain or shine event, dress for the weather. If you have a weed wackier, rake,shovel,bush clippers, etc., please bring them. We have a woodchipper coming so that we can grind up the tree branches and twigs and spread them along the pathways and fill in groundhog holes. We will also have some office work to do and some painting of the the graffiti on the outside walls. Any one who has any other equipment they can bring to help out would be appreciated. We will give receipts for tax deductible contributions of time/work performed, as we are a 501c3 tax free organization. We the Friends of Greenwood are deeply involved in trying to preserve this old cemetery and the Benj. Rush Farm House which stands on the property. Benj.Rush was a signer of the Declaration of Independence and a physician. The house was also a stop on the Underground RR and once was the home of Lenape Indians. It is the final resting place of many veterans of America’s wars, including a MOH from the Philippine War of 1898. It is also the final resting place of the parents of WC Fields. Anyone interested in coming out to help, please e mail me by November 21st at the latest, as we need to be able to provide enough food and snacks for all attendees. Thanks in advance for any help you can give. Kathleen(Kathy) Smith SilverOwl275@aol.com
- Saturday the 24th – at Mozaic 7-11PM – The Kenny Kellem Trio
- On Tuesday November 20th – 7PM – Northwood Civic Association meeting for election of officers
- Thursday November 22nd – Happy thanksgiving
- On Saturday the 10th at Mater Dolorosa – 6PM – Monte Carlo night – night at the races
- On Tuesday the 13th – at the Historical Society of Frankford – 7:30 PM – Program – Norman Satchell presents a slide slow of “Colonial Philadelphia” Independence Hall