Fire in Frankford

News reports today of a fire in the 4700 block of Worth Street. A father and son burned critically. A firefighter and another passerby suffered smoke inhalation.

From CBS3.com:

A firefighter is recovering after he rushed into a burning home in the Frankford section of Philadelphia in order to rescue a father and his young son.

The fire on the 4700 block of Worth Street started on the kitchen stove after something that was cooking caught fire officials said. The flames spread quickly throughout the home, trapping a 3-year-old boy and his 43-year-old father inside.

Philadelphia fireman James Babst, 41, was on his way to work around 4:45 p.m. Sunday when he passed the burning home. He stopped his truck and joined neighbors, who were breaking windows of the home.

Read the entire story here. We wish them all a swift recovery.