AMERICAN PARADIGM SCHOOLS HOSTS 4TH ANNUAL CHARTER SCHOOL, CITY WIDE MUSIC FEST ON DECEMBER 17 & 18
WHAT: American Paradigm Schools is proud to host the Fourth Annual Charter School Music Fest, which promotes the advancement of music in charter schools across the city of Philadelphia and the tri-state area. This particular program offers students the opportunity to perform with their peers from other participating charter schools while giving them performance experience that was not previously available to them while attending other schools.
- The event will include participation from ten of Philadelphia’s leading charter schools and over 300 5th – 12th grade charter school music students are partaking in a full day of workshops, sectional and rehearsals on Dec.17 and will prepare for an evening performance to celebrate the Music Fest 2012 finale at 6 p.m. sharp.
- The students will get to enjoy two special performances during their workshop: Astral Artists, a Philadelphia non-profit organization that plays a vital role in the discovery and development of the nation’s most gifted classical musicians will be sending some of their artists to perform and facilitate workshops, and African Storyteller Jos Duncan will be performing for the students as well.
- The festival will take place over a two day period, Monday, December 17 and Tuesday, December 18, at First Philadelphia Preparatory Charter School, 4300 Tacony Street at Church Street, in the Frankford Valley section of Philadelphia.
- Students will arrive at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, December 17, with music that was pre-selected and mailed to the students and music directors before the festival. The participating students have been chosen by their music directors for both vocal and instrumental performances. Both the Abreu Fellows and Opus Nine will facilitate the workshops. On Tuesday, December 18 at 6:00 p.m. the students will accompany the music professionals for a finale concert.
WHO: Over 300 students from these participating schools/organizations:
- First Philadelphia Charter School
- Franklintowne Charter School
- Harrity Elementary Mastery Charter School
- Maritime Academy Charter School
- Memphis Street Academy Charter School
- New Foundations Charter School
- Northwood Academy Charter School
- People for People Charter School
- Tacony Academy Charter School
- Universal Daroff Elementary Charter School
- SisterCities Girls Choir
Workshops and performances by:
- Abreu Fellows class of 2011
- Astral Artists
- Opus Nine
- Jos Duncan
WHERE: First Philadelphia Preparatory Charter School
4300 Tacony Street
Philadelphia, PA 19124
WHEN: Monday, Dec. 17
Workshops and Rehearsals: 10:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 18
Rehearsals: 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Certificate Ceremony: 4:30 p.m.
Finale Concert: 6 – 7 p.m.