- Satellite Office of State Rep. John Taylor -Every Thursday, 5pm – 7pm, Simpson Playground, 1010 Arrott St. – Open to the public to meet Rep. Taylor or a member of his staff to discuss whatever issue is on your mind.
- Live Music -Every Saturday 7pm – 10pm – Great Awakenings Cafe, 1466 E Cheltenham Ave.
- Children’s Story and Craft Hour – Every Thursday 10am – 11am – Great Awakenings Cafe, 1466 E Cheltenham Ave.
- Community Bible Study -Every Wednesday 6:30pm – 7:30pm – Great Awakenings Cafe, 1466 E Cheltenham Ave.
- Keep the Faith in Frankford – Every Wednesday 6:30pm – 8:00pm – St Mark’s Church Frankford, 4442 Frankford Avenue
- Grand Army of the Republic Museum Open House – Sun, May 3, 12pm – 5pm, 4278 Griscom Street – Presentation at 1:30 PM
- Public Information Meeting – Tue, May 5, 6pm – 7pm, Frankford Friends Meetinghouse, 1500 Orthodox Street – To inform the school community and neighborhood about Frankford Friends School’s proposed outdoor classroom to be developed on the vacant lot at 1515 Orthodox Street, and about the environmental assessment that has been conducted.
- Frankford Civic Association Meeting –Thurs, May 7, 7pm – 8pm, St Mark’s Church Frankford, 4442 Frankford Avenue
- Annual Day-Before- Mother’s Day Plant Sale – Sat, May 9, 10am – 1pm, 4634 Frankford Ave. in front of the Library – Quality Plants from Local Family-Owned Nursery, Hanging Baskets, Flowering Annuals, Vegetables and Herbs, Flats, Planting Demonstrations, & Gardening Advice by Frankford Garden Club Members – Proceeds go to the Frankford Garden Club. For More Information, contact: Frankford Garden Club President Janet E. Bernstein (267) 982-9620, firstname.lastname@example.org OR Vice President Johnnie Mae Parker (215) 537-0145, email@example.com. Thanks to City Councilwoman Maria Q. Sanchez for her support
- Historical Society of Frankford Program – Tue, May 12, 7:30pm – 9:00pm, 1507 Orthodox St. – 800th Anniversary – MAGNA CARTA
Jay H Ginsburg, Esquire – The signing of the Magna Carta in June 1215 began the arduous process of limiting absolute powers and setting the foundation for the rights and liberties guaranteed through the US Constitution and Bill of Rights. Learn more about this document and the roles played by a Frankford judge and a Colonial Frankford family.
See the complete community calendar at this link.