I attended the Frankford Civic meeting last night and I have to admit it made me think. On one hand, you have a few good people dedicating their time to pulling Frankford up. On the other hand, you have a ton of people dedicating their time to dragging Frankford down. There will be a report about the meeting next week in the Northeast Times. The following is my rant on the issues that we confront.
- Frankford is now closed to out of area landlords who are only interested in milking property for every penny they can get without consideration for the havoc their tenants wreak on our community.
- Frankford is now closed to drug rehab houses who are only interested in collecting government money and do not care about the residents of those houses.
- Frankford is now closed to any more drug treatment centers at all. We now have more than is necessary to accommodate the entire population of Harrisburg.
- Frankford is now closed to property owners who are doing illegal conversions.
- Frankford is now closed to absentee owners who don’t maintain their property.
- Frankford is now closed to drug users, bums, loafers and pan handlers. Get off drugs, get it together and get a job.
- Frankford is now closed to former prisoners who don’t have any interest in getting their lives back together. Go live where you grew up. It was not here.
Some good things are in the works for Frankford. We will get there one way or the other but we will get there faster without the people described about standing in the way. When the Frankford Civic starts the membership drive, consider joining. Come to a meeting if you want to find out what is really happening. Make sure the future of Frankford is open to you.