The holiday season is fast approaching, and while there are hundreds of festive events taking place across the region, we know finding affordable family opportunities can be challenging.
This year is different. Some of the city’s top museums are open and newly accessible to those seeking cultural activities to enjoy as a family. ACCESS Admission, an initiative led by Art-Reach, is providing families facing economic challenges in the Philadelphia region a chance to experience the holidays at 17 participating museums.
ACCESS Admission invites those Pennsylvania residents who monitor their government issued cash, medical and food benefits with an EBT card, to attend local museums at an affordable rate. For just $2 per person, ACCESS cardholders and up to 3 additional family members can visit any of the 17 participating museums. This newfound opportunity opens the doors of our city’s rich cultural history to over 480,000 Philadelphia residents, to experience the arts their city has to offer at an affordable price.
With the exception of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day, most museums will be operating at their normal business hours this holiday season, and many will be displaying special holiday exhibits for the whole family to enjoy! Our recommendations include the Ugly Sweater Party at the Philadelphia Museum of Art on December 3rd, Being [ ] at Christmas at the National Museum of American Jewish History on December 25th, the Family New Year’s Eve Fireworks at the Independence Seaport Museum on December 31st , and many more.
The full list of museums that offer $2 admission to ACCESS Cardholders year round is below. Check out their holiday programming and on-going family friendly exhibitions, today!
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University
- The African American Museum in Philadelphia
- American Swedish Historical Museum
- The Barnes Foundation
- Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site
- Historic Christ Church and Christ Church Burial Ground
- Independence Seaport Museum
- Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania
- Mütter Museum of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia
- National Constitution Center
- National Museum of American Jewish History
- Penn Museum
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
- Philadelphia History Museum at the Atwater Kent
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens
- Please Touch Museum
For more information about ACCESS Admission, visit www.art-reach.org