There were about 30 people last night at the Northwood Civic, which had been rescheduled to avoid next weeks election day. The focus was on quality of life issues as follows:
- The Civic is going back to court on the issue of enforcement against 950 Fillmore Street and the addition to the home at that location.
- Residents of the 1100 block of Herbert Street have complained about one occupant of that block operating a business selling automobiles. There are as many as 11 cars parked on the street. The owner is moving tags from one to the other to avoid detection.
- Illegal day cares continue to be a problem. Some are offering care for as many as twelve children around the clock. There are safety as well as traffic and noise issues.
- Barry noted that the Frankford Civic voted to not support the zoning application of the Bridge to move onto the property at Adams Avenue. Northwood will maintain its support for the move.
- They will continue to work on the VOA group home by talking with the owners.
- Members voted to approve attorney’s fees for the Bridge zoning hearing and the case for 950 Fillmore Street.
- The Civic is looking to apply for a grant from the Preservation Alliance for demolition of the garages located Rutland and Fillmore Streets. There were severely damaged in a fire. Looking to make improvements to the nearby tennis courts at the other end of the block at Rutland and Harrison Streets.
- Barry will be meeting with the Principal of Frankford High School today to discuss the problem with students roaming through the neighborhood and getting into trouble. He is looking to having a similar discussion with the Principal of Emunds in the future.
Jorge Santana, Tony Payton’s Chief of Staff, announced that he will be leaving his position with Tony at the end of the week. Jorge has been at almost every Northwood meeting and Barry noted that he has been invaluable to the Civic with his assistance in every way possible.
The next Northwood Civic meeting is scheduled for June 21st at 7PM.
2 thoughts on “Northwood Civic Meeting”
I want to thank the residents that live on the 1100 Block of Herbert St., As of today the PA, State Troopers raided the block and TOWED AWAY 7 cars so far today GOOD WORK you guys NWCA Civic needs residents like you ..Barry Howell Pres.NWCA
To Northwood residents we had about 45 members turn out at last months meeting and got a lot done try to bring your friends out next month ,We have to start our fighit against the Drug Re-habs in near by Frankford also the clinics that should not be there. Remember by Frankford Civic not putting up a fight to stop them .The problem will drift into NORTHWOOD ,Please come to the meetings ,so we can win this BATTLE BARRY
Comments are closed.