2012 Annual Community Health Enrichment Empowerment Resource Services (C.H.E.E.R.S.) Program Starts Saturday, March 3, 2012 PPD Partners with Community Organizations to Help Our Youth
The Community Health Enrichment Empowerment Resource Services (C.H.E.E.R.S.) Program for 2012 begins on March 3, 2012 and runs for 8 Saturdays. This is a Program run by Police Officers and designed to positively impact the youth of our City. The program is a collaboration of efforts and resources of community based organizations, speakers, police officers and residents, in order to give our youth the necessary tools to create brighter futures and better communities. The following is the information on the C.H.E.E.R.S. Program for 2012.
- Saturday March 3, 2012
- Saturday March 10, 2012
- SaturdayMarch 17, 2012
- Saturday March 24, 2012
- Saturday March 31, 2012
- Saturday April 7, 2012
- Saturday April 14, 2012
- Saturday April 21, 2012 – Closing Ceremony
Participants: Students Ages 8-17
Time: 9 am to 1 pm each Saturday
A light breakfast and lunch will be served to all students
- The Dixon House – 1920 S. 20th Street
- Aria Health Frankford Campus – 4900 Frankford Avenue
- Lauretha Vaird Recreation Center – 4800 Whitaker Avenue
- Pyramid Temple – 1521 W. Girard Avenue
- Christian Stronghold Church – 4701 Lancaster Avenue
- Simon Recreation Center – 7200 Wolston Avenue
Town Watch, anti-violence, anti-drugs, personal finances, goal setting, communication, bullying, conflict resolution, personal health, mentoring, anti-littering, being a good citizen
Community Relations Unit (CRU) at Police Headquarters
700 Race Street – Room 304
Philadelphia, PA 19106
215-686-3380 or 3381
How to Register:
- Contact the CRU to find your designated site.
- You may Download and bring your completed application to your site on March 3rd however, Pre-registration is preferred to ensure your participation.
- You may also pick up and/or drop off your completed application at the CRU headquarters.