- Frankford Music and Arts Festival – Sat, November 10 2PM to 8PM at St. Marks Church, We’ll have full bands, beer and more upstairs on our Auditorium Stage, which holds 350 people and includes a large balcony. On our Chapel Stage downstairs, right outside our Flying Kite On the Ground office, we’ll feature acoustic acts curated by local recording artist Ryan Tennis, who will also perform songs from his recently released full-length album. On our Sanctuary Stage, we’ll be featuring diverse acts of all kinds, including world music and other performance art inside the church’s cavernous main worship area. There will be some arts and crafts for sale and to experience, ideal for families. Flying Kite’s second art exhibition, Transformation 19124, will also be on display on the worship area’s altar. Outside, we’ll have food trucks. Cost is $10 at the door, $8 advance online and $5 if you bring a canned food to donate to the St. Mark’s food pantry.
- St. Joachim – Chicken Dinner – Sun, November 11, 2pm – 6pm, St. Joachim Church – 1527 Church Street, Chicken Parmesan and Pasta ▪ Stuffed Chicken Roasted Potatoes ▪ String Beans ▪ Spanish Rice Garden Tossed Salad with Dressing ▪ Beverage $15.00 per person ▪ $25.00 per couple Children (12 to 6 yrs.) $7.00
- Historical Society of Frankford program – Tue, November 13, 7:30pm – 9:00pm, 1507 Orthodox St., Philadelphia, PA, HOLMESBURG PRISON: ACRES OF SKIN, Allen M Hornblum Author “Confessions of a Second Story Man – Junior Kripplebauer and the K & A Gang” Join the author of “Acres of Skin” as he shares the challenges of researching a story of national significance about human exploitation in the name of medical science at NE Philadelphia’s former Holmesburg Prison. A subject of the experiments will offer an insider’s look at the prison.
- Natural Healing Techniques – Medicinal Herb Workshop – Wed, November 14, 5:30pm – 6:30pm, Frankford Branch, Free Library of Philadelphia, Learn about the healing arts using herbs. Presenter Susan Gale has lectured and shared her expertise on herbs and mythology at major universities on the east coast. Program is free and open to the public. For more information call 215-685-1473 or email baxterb@freelib
- Northwood Civic Association Meeting -Tue, November 20, 7pm – 8pm, St. James Lutheran Church, at Castor Avenue and Pratt Street.
- St. Joachim Parish is sponsoring a bus trip to Lancaster PA – Sat, November 24, 8am – 5pm, leaves from parish parking lot on Griscom St, St. Joachim Parish,1527 Church St. is sponsoring a bus trip to Lancaster PA. on Saturday November 24, 2012. Round trip motor coach transportation, time for shopping and browsing at the Rockvale Outlets (10:00 AM to 12:30 PM) Full course lunch buffet at Shady Maple Smorgasbord with additional time for shopping. Bus leaves from parish parking lot on Griscom St at 8:00 AM. Cost $65.00 per person includes bus & lunch). Full Payment due by October 21st, 2012.
- Frankford Garden Club – Mon, November 26, 6:30pm – 7:30pm, Wissinoming Park Playground
- Senior Breakfast – Tue, November 27, 8am – 10am, Aria Health, Frankford – 2nd floor conference room, It’s time to take charge of your health and wellness! Aria will provide our community seniors with monthly insightful tips and information on issues that are directly affection you and your health needs. Breakfast will be provided free of charge. To reserve your seat call 1-877-808-2742.
- PSA 1 Meeting – Tue, November 27, 7pm – 7pm, 4900 FRANKFORD AVE ,PHILA,PA, Police meeting with residents
- Grand Army of the Republic Museum Open House – Sun, December 2, 12pm – 5pm, 4278 Griscom Street, Presentation at 1:30 PM: Victorian Christmas by Jane Peters-Estes
- Create Your Own Holiday Wreath – Wed, December 5, 3pm – 4pm, Frankford Branch, Free Library of Philadelphia, Get Creative! All materials are provided. Instructor Pamela Thomas has conducted many workshops on a variety of topics for other organizations. Register to save your spot; 215-685-1473 or baxterb@freelib
- Friends of Overington Park – Wed, December 5, 7pm – 8pm, Historical Society of Frankford at 1507 Orthodox Street, Come out and discuss our park and what we an do to make it a safe and pleasant place for everyone.
- Frankford Civic Association Meeting – Thu, December 6, 7pm – 8pm, 2nd floor conference room, Aria Health, 4900 Frankford Avenue