- Frankford Transportation Center Visioning Workshop – Sat, March 2, 10am – 1pm, Aria Hospital Cafeteria, On Saturday, March 2nd the City’s Planning Commission is hosting a community visioning workshop focused on the Frankford Transportation Center. The event will take place from 10:00a to 1:00p at Frankford Aria Health, 4900 Frankford Avenue, in the 2nd floor conference rooms / cafeteria.
- Grand Army of the Republic Museum Open House – Sun, March 3, 12pm – 5pm, 4278 Griscom Street
- Blood Drive – Fri, March 5, 6am – 4pm, Aria Hospital 2nd floor conference room, We will be hosting a blood drive on 3/5/13 from 6 AM to 4 PM in conference rooms 1 & 2 and part of the cafeteria. Please pass the word – there are prizes to be won and lives to save!
- Aria Hospital Grand Re-opening of the Cafeteria – Wed, March 6, 11am – 1pm,Aria Hospital, Please come and join us as we will be celebrating the Grand Re-Opening of our Frankford Campus Cafeteria on Wednesday, March 6 from 11 AM to 1:30 PM.
- Friends of Overington Park – Wed, March 6, 7pm – 8pm, Historical Society of Frankford at 1507 Orthodox Street
Come out and discuss our park and what we an do to make it a safe and pleasant place for everyone.
- Frankford Civic Association Meeting – Thu, March 7, 7pm – 8pm, 2nd floor conference room, Aria Health, 4900 Frankford Avenue
- Historical Society of Frankford program – Tue, March 12, 7:30pm – 9:00pm, 1507 Orthodox St.,ANNUAL MEETING and PROGRAM GLOBE DYE CONFIDENTIAL: Divergent Paths of Two Founding Families, Cheryl Harper, Artist-Curator – While curating the dynamic art installations of “Catagenesis at Globe Dye Works” last fall, Ms Harper familiarized herself with the history of this 125 year old Frankford textile factory (1867) and the lives of the founding Greenwood and somewhat more colorful (scandalous even!) Bault families of Frankford. Globe Dye Works, which once got its water supply from the Little Tacony Creek, has now been repurposed for artists studios and light manufacturing. Join the Society as Ms Harper presents vintage photographs and a history of one of Frankford’s historic treasures.
As this is also the Society’s annual membership meeting and election, you are invited to meet the directors and learn what has been done this past year. Your ideas are important – so please come out and share them and how you plan to get involved to make these happen. Then, enjoy a rare, behind the scenes tour of our 1930’s building and vast museum and library collections by our president. Don’t miss it!
- Neighborhood Advisory Council Meeting – Thu, March 14, 7pm – 8pm, 2nd Baptist Church, 1801 Meadow St.
- Frankford Friends School Rummage Sale – Saturday, March 16, 2013 9:00 am to 2:00 pm, 1500 Orthodox Street, Phila., PA 19124
- St. Patty’s Party – Sat, March 16, 6pm – 10pm, St. Joachims, 1527 Church St., St. Joachim Alumni presents it’s 2nd Annual St. Patty’s Day Party. Food, Beer and set-ups. Music by Tommy T and the Party Machine streaming live on the web. Raffles, Door Prizes, 50/50. Last year was a great time, don’t miss this year. Tickets are now available. $25 a person, $45 a couple.
- Northwood Civic Association Meeting – Tue, March 19, 7pm – 8pm, St. James Lutheran Church, at Castor Avenue and Pratt Street.
- PSA 1 Meeting – Wed, March 20, 7pm – 8pm, 4900 Frankford Ave., Philadelphia, PA,Lt. Burton #155/Frankford Hospital 2nd Floor/General Meeting
- Overington Park Shed and Water Dedication -Sat, March 23, 10am – 1pm, Overington park
- Frankford Garden Club – Mon, March 25, 6:30pm – 7:30pm, Wissinoming Park Playground
- Captain’s Townhall Meeting – Mon, March 25, 7pm – 8pm, 1527 Church Street, Philadelphia,PA
Capt. McCloskey #42/St. Joachims Church/General Meeting
- Senior Breakfast – Tue, March 26, 8am – 10am, Aria Health, Frankford – 2nd floor conference room
It’s time to take charge of your health and wellness! Aria will provide our community seniors with monthly insightful tips and information on issues that are directly affection you and your health needs. Breakfast will be provided free of charge. To reserve your seat call 1-877-808-2742.
- Frankford Business and Professional Association Meeting – Tue, March 26, 12pm – 2pm, Aria Hospital’s second floor conference room
- Northeast Philadelphia EPIC Stakeholders Group – Thu, March 28, 5:30pm – 7:30pm, 2nd Baptist Church, 1801 Meadow St.