- Roots Rock Run—Sat, June 1, 8am – 12pm, Harding Middle School, 2000 Wakeling St.—5K community walk run to support the C.H.I.C.K.S. health and wellness program for girls. Registration begins at 8am race begins at 9am. Open and free to the public. Contact Joan Todd 215-535- ext 182. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth Day Breakfast – Sat, June 1, 9am – 11am, 2nd Baptist Church, 1801 Meadow St.
- Youth Day Celebration Service – Sun, June 2, 11am – 1pm, 2nd Baptist Church, 1801 Meadow St.
- Grand Army of the Republic Museum Open House—Sun, June 2, 12pm – 5pm, 4278 Griscom Street—Presentation at 1:30 PM: “A Salute to Old Glory: the Story of the American Flag” by Kerry Bryan
- LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR FOOD – Mon, June 3, 5:00pm – 6:30pm, Frankford Library HOW TO SHOP, STORE, PREPARE AND SERVE IT SAFELY. with ServSafe-Certif
ied Presenter, Keisha Prosser Dangers of Food, Part 1
- Frankford Business and Professional Association Meeting—Tue, June 4, 12pm – 2pm, Aria Hospital’s second floor conference room
- Citizens Engagement Academy—Wed, June 5, 6pm – 7pm, St. Marks Church – 4442 Frankford Ave.—Week 7 – Law Enforcement, US Attorney’s Office and Police District
- Friends of Overington Park – Wed, June 5, 7pm – 8pm, Overington Park, by the tool shed
- Frankford Civic Association Meeting – Thu, June 6, 7pm – 8pm, 2nd floor conference room, Aria Hospital
- Flea Market/Summer Bazaar – Sat, June 8, 9am – 2pm, Peter Bressi Northeast Senior Center 4744 Frankford Ave. – Done all of your summer shopping? Summer is right around the corner so come sell your gently used items to make some extra cash for your summer festivities! Peter Bressi Northeast Senior Center is having an indoor/outdoor Flea Market/Summer Bazaar. We have 6 foot tables available for rent for only $15.00! Delicious hot dogs, snacks, pretzels, and refreshments will be available for purchase. Try your luck; we will be raffling off several gift cards and baskets to help with your shopping! Space is limited, so tables are being sold on a first come, first serve basis. Please contact Karen at 215-831-2926 by May 24th to reserve your table!
- 2nd Baptist Church 144 Anniversary – Sun, June 9, 11am – 12pm,
- LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR FOOD – Mon, June 10, 5:00pm – 6:30pm, Frankford Library – HOW TO SHOP, STORE, PREPARE AND SERVE IT SAFELY. with ServSafe-Certif
ied Presenter, Keisha Prosser Dangers of Food, Part 2
- FTC Farmers’ Market Open for the Season – Tuesday, Jun 11, 2013, Frankford Transportation Center, Bustleton and Frankford Ave. – Fresh fruit and produce right from the farm.
- Historical Society of Frankford program – Tue, June 11, 7:30pm – 9:00pm, 1507 Orthodox St., Philadelphia, PA 19124
- Citizens Engagement Academy – Wed, June 12, 6pm – 7pm, St. Marks Church – 4442 Frankford Ave. – Week 8 – Staying Involved, Philadelphia More Beautiful Committee/Local Community Associations
- Neighborhood Advisory Council Meeting—Thu, June 13, 7pm – 8pm, 2nd Baptist Church, 1801 Meadow St.
- Northwood Civic Association Meeting – Tue, June 18, 7pm – 8pm, St. James Lutheran Church, at Castor Avenue and Pratt Street.
- PSA 1 Meeting – Thu, June 20, 7pm – 8pm, Aria Hospital 4900 Frankford Ave
- LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR FOOD – Mon, June 24, 5:00pm – 6:30pm, Frankford Library – HOW TO SHOP, STORE, PREPARE AND SERVE IT SAFELY. with ServSafe-Certif
ied Presenter, Keisha Prosser Table Setting
- Benefits of Companion Planting – Mon, June 24, 6pm – 7pm, Wissinoming Park Playground – A Pennsylvania Horticultural Society Workshop – Environmental educator and Master Gardener Lori Hayes will explain how the right combination of plants can help your garden, whether you have a large yard or just a few flower pots. This Workshop is Free to the Public, the Community is invited to attend. For more information, Contact Janet E Bernstein, Frankford Garden Club President, at 267-982-9620 jamberstone@gma
il.com or Vice President Johnnie Mae Parker 215-537-0145
- Senior Breakfast – Tue, June 25, 8am – 10am, Aria Health, Frankford – 2nd floor conference room – It’s time to take charge of your health and wellness! Aria will provide our community seniors with monthly insightful tips and information on issues that are directly affection you and your health needs. Breakfast will be provided free of charge. To reserve your seat call 1-877-808-2742.
- Northeast Philadelphia EPIC Stakeholders Group – Thu, June 27, 5:30pm – 7:30pm, 2nd Baptist Church, 1801 Meadow Street
- Frankford Neighborhood Center 14th Anniversary Recognition Banquet – Thu, June 27, 7pm – 11pm, Unity Hall, 1349 Unity Street – Honoring Marie Delaney, Chanta-l Hardy and Jennifer Powell-Folks. Tickets $25.00 per person. Deluxe buffet, Open wine and beer bar. Live jazz and entertainment.