- Grand Army of the Republic Museum Open House – Sun, September 1, 12pm – 5pmWhere4278 Griscom Street – Presentation at 1:30 PM: “Stealing a Locomotive” The Andrews Raid and the ‘General’ by Dr. Sid Copel
- Open House at St. James Christian Pre-School – Wed, September 4, 5pm – 9pm, St. James Christian Pre-School, 5185 Castor Ave. – A program that serves families and teaches children to grow in their education and faith.
- Friends of Overington Park – Wed, September 4, 7pm – 8pm, Overington Park, by the tool shed
- Frankford Civic Association Meeting – Thu, September 5, 7pm – 8pm, 2nd floor conference room, Aria Health, 4900 Frankford Avenue. – Brendan Boyle, Pennsylvania Representative for the 170th Legislative District – Philadelphia and Montgomery counties, will be speaking.
- Concert and Stroke Awareness Seminar – Sat, September 7, 12pm – 5pm, Campell AME Church, 1657 Kinsey St. – Sponsored by Aria Healthcare featuring CAMPBELL’S GOSPEL MASS CHOIR CAMPBELL’S GOD’S CREATION YOUTH CHOIR and others.
- Open House Party – Thu, September 12, 10am – 2pm, Peter Bressi Northeast Senior Center 4744 Frankford Ave. – Please join us for our Open House Party on Sept. 12th in collaboration with the Office of State Rep. James Clay Jr. Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, live entertainment, and valuable information all being offered at this great event!
- Neighborhood Advisory Council Meeting – Thu, September 12, 7pm – 8pm, 2nd Baptist Church, 1801 Meadow St.
- Mater Dolorosa Feast Day Mass – Sat, September 14, 4pm – 6pm, Celebrate the feast day of Our Mother of Sorrows. Light refreshments to follow in the church hall.
- Movie Matinee – Mon, September 16, 12:30pm – 3:00pm, Peter Bressi Northeast Senior Center 4744 Frankford Ave. – You pick it, we play it! Popcorn and beverages served. For more info, contact Jim at 215-831-2926
- Podiatrist Dr. Steven Schutzbank – Tue, September 17, 12pm – 2pm, Peter Bressi Northeast Senior Center 4744 Frankford Ave. – Podiatrist Dr. Steven Schutzbank will be coming to the center on Sept. 17th from 12:00pm – 2:00pm to present on the topic of proper foot care. He will then be clipping participant’s toe nails. All seniors are urged to attend this no appointment needed event! Please bring proof of current health insurance.
- Northwood Civic Association Meeting – Tue, September 17, 7pm – 8pm, St. James Lutheran Church, at Castor Avenue and Pratt Street.
- Town Hall Meeting on recovery houses – Thu, September 19, 6pm – 8pm, Aria Hospital
- Cookology Class – Fri, September 20, 10am – 11am, Peter Bressi Northeast Senior Center, 4744 Frankford Ave. – A certified Dietitian will be whipping up some delicious, nutritious treats, for all to sample!
- Saturday Showcase – Sat, September 21, 1pm – 3pm, AllStar Learning Academy, 4454 Frankford Ave. – Kids acts, singing and poetry
- Precious Metals Sales – Mon, September 23, 9:30am – 3:30pm, Peter Bressi Northeast Senior Center 4744 Frankford Ave. – Come make some extra cash by selling off your old silver, gold, and platinum jewelry. Free watch repairs as well.
- Frankford Garden Club – Mon, September 23, 6:30pm – 7:30pm, Wissinoming Park Playground
- Senior Breakfast – Tue, September 24, 8am – 10am, Aria Health, Frankford – 2nd floor conference room – It’s time to take charge of your health and wellness! Aria will provide our community seniors with monthly insightful tips and information on issues that are directly affection you and your health needs. Breakfast will be provided free of charge. To reserve your seat call 1-877-808-2742.
- Frankford Business and Professional Association Meeting – Tue, September 24, 12pm – 2pm, Aria Hospital’s second floor conference room – Kimberly Washington, Esq. Frankford CDC, Corridor Manager – Raymond Gant, Frankford CDC, Corridor Cleaning Manager – Jonathan Snyder, Philadelphia Commerce Department, SIP Program – Heather Horrowitz, Finata, Small Business Lending Manager
- Frankford Parks Group – Tue, September 24, 6:30pm – 7:30pm, CDC Building, 4900 Griscom St.
- Northeast Philadelphia EPIC Stakeholders Group – Thu, September 26, 5:30pm – 7:30pm, 2nd Baptist Church, 1801 Meadow Street
- PSA 1 Meeting – Thu, September 26, 7pm – 8pm, Aria Hospital 4900 Frankford Ave.