- Flea Market – Sat, October 18, 7am – 1pm, McIlvain Playground, 5200 Penn Street – We are across from the Frankford Transportation Center. $12 per spot, 2 for $20. Call 215-685-1228 for more information. Sponsored by McIlvain Playground Advisory Council
- Overington Park Fall Festival – Sat, October 18, 12pm – 3pm, Overington Park, Leiper and Orthodox Sts. – Pumpkin patch, games, candy and fun
- Friends of Overington Park – Tue, October 21, 7pm – 8pm – We will meet in the park in fair weather and at 1500 Orthodox St. , the Friends Meeting House, in bad weather or cold months.
- Northwood Civic Association Meeting – Tue, October 21, 7pm – 8pm, St. James Lutheran Church, at Castor Avenue and Pratt Street.
- Peter Bressi 30th Anniversary Banquet – Fri, October 24, 11:30am – 1:30pm, Peter Bressi Northeast Senior Center 4744 Frankford Ave. – Come join us to celebrate our 30th Anniversary with our very special Anniversary Banquet. Pre-registratio
n is required. Please reserve your seat with Karen at 215-831-2926. $4.00 per plate donation requested.
- HIV and Hepatitis C Testing – Sun, October 26, 11am – 4pm, St. Mark’s Church, 4442 Frankford Avenue – Philly Faith in Action was brings the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and Drexel University with their mobile medical center to St Marks for rapid HIV and hepatitis C testing, counseling and follow up care. They will be here the 2nd Saturday of every month.
- Philadelphia Open Studio Tour at the Globe – Sun, October 26, 2pm – 4pm, Globe Dye Works, 4500 Worth Street- http://philaope
nstudios.org/po st/neighborhood /east
- Frankford Garden Club – Mon, October 27, 6:30pm – 7:30pm, Wissinoming Park Playground
- Senior Breakfast – Tue, October 28, 8am – 10am, Aria Health, Frankford – 2nd floor cafeteria- Aria will provide our community seniors with monthly, insightful tips and information on issues that are directly affecting you and your health. Breakfast will be provided free of charge. To reserve your seat call 1-877-808-2742 and then press 2.
- Monthly Birthday Party – Tue, October 28, 11:45am – 12:45pm, Peter Bressi Northeast Senior Center 4744 Frankford Ave. – Come celebrate your birthday! We have a monthly birthday party. Join us for cake, ice cream, lunch, and live entertainment!
- Frankford Business and Professional Association – Tue, October 28, 12pm – 2pm, NET, 4625 Frankford Ave. – Hear from our President, Diane Richardson about our accomplishments from 2013 -2014 and learn about what we have in store for the upcoming year. Representatives from Ready Philadelphia will be joining us to discuss business emergency preparedness and Project HOME will be discussing what we can do to help address the issue of homelessness in Frankford. SEPTA will also be in attendance to give an update on the 2015 Arrott Terminal (Margaret Orthodox Station) construction project.
- Frankford Parks Group – Tue, October 28, 6:30pm – 7:30pm, CDC Building, 4900 Griscom St.
- Dance Movement Therapy Class – Wed, October 29, 10am – 11am, Peter Bressi Northeast Senior Center 4744 Frankford Ave. – Please join us for our Dance Movement Therapy Classes. Come join this hot new program!
- Greensgrow Fruit and Vegetable Truck – Thu, October 30, 12:00pm – 1:30pm, Peter Bressi Northeast Senior Center 4744 Frankford Ave. – Greensgrow Fruit and Vegetable Truck will be here. Fruit and vegetable can be purchased with food vouchers, access card, or cash.
- Northeast Philadelphia EPIC Stakeholders Group – Thu, October 30, 5:30pm – 7:30pm, 2nd Baptist Church, 1801 Meadow Street
- Domestic Violence Awareness Forum – Thu, October 30, 5:30pm – 8:00pm, Sankofa School, 4290 Penn Street – 5:30 – 6PM DINNER & RESOURCES, with handouts & giveaways – 6PM – 7PM Special performance by Henrietta Hadley titled “Promises, 7pm – 8pm Panel discussion with Shenise N. Henderson, the Enhanced Home Visitation Project – For More Information, please email Nafisah Lewis : nlewis@coraserv
ices.org Tanya Morris: email@example.com rg R.S.V.P by October 23rd
- PSA1 Meeting – Thu, October 30, 7pm – 8pm, Aria Health Frankford Campus, 4900 Frankford Ave.
- Grand Army of the Republic Museum Open House – Sun, November 2, 12pm – 5pm, 4278 Griscom Street – Presentation at 1:30 PM: Ed Bonekemper – General McClellan
- Interested in Becoming a Foster Parent? –Wed, November 5, 6:00pm – 7:30pm, Turning Points or Children, 4329 Griscom St – Attend an orientation session – refreshments will be provided. RSVP at 215-287-4353 or 215-287-4745
- Frankford Civic Association Meeting – Thu, November 6, 7pm – 8pm, Aria Hospital, 2nd floor
- Day of Service in Honor of Veterans Day –Sat, November 8, 10am – 2pm,St. Mark’s Church, Frankford 4442 Frankford Avenue – Frankford CDC along with Philly Rising and the Travis Manion Group will be doing a massive clean up of the corridor from the 5200 to 4200 of Frankford Avenue. We will be cleaning Frankford Avenue and the surrounding neighborhood but we need your help!!! For additional information or to register as a volunteer, please contact Sanya Brown, Northeast Divisional Coordinator with PhillyRising at 215.686.8413
- Historical Society of Frankford program – Tue, November 11, 7:30pm – 9:00pm, 1507 Orthodox St – FRANKFORD’s DEED RESTRICTIONS Including Northwood’s Burk Deed Joseph Menkevich and Debbie Klak, Researchers Learn of the genesis and current impact of the Frankford area’s various historic deed restrictions—wi
th a special look at Northwood’s Burk Deed restrictions
- Neighborhood Advisory Committee Meeting – Thu, November 13, 7pm – 8pm,2nd Baptist Church, 1801 Meadow St
- Love Your Park Fall Service Day – Saturday, Nov 15, 2014 – All Frankford Parks
- Friends of Overington Park –Tue, November 18, 7pm – 8pm, Overington Park, Orthodox St. – We will meet in the park in fair weather and at 1500 Orthodox St. , the Friends Meeting House, in bad weather or cold months.
- Northwood Civic Association Meeting – Tue, November 18, 7pm – 8pm – St. James Lutheran Church, at Castor Avenue and Pratt Street.
- Senior Breakfast – Tue, November 25, 8am – 10am, Aria Health, Frankford – 2nd floor cafeteria- Aria will provide our community seniors with monthly, insightful tips and information on issues that are directly affecting you and your health. Breakfast will be provided free of charge. To reserve your seat call 1-877-808-2742 and then press 2.