- Satellite Office of State Rep. John Taylor -Every Thursday, 5pm – 7pm, Simpson Playground, 1010 Arrott St. – Open to the public to meet Rep. Taylor or a member of his staff to discuss whatever issue is on your mind.
- Live Music -Every Saturday 7pm – 10pm – Great Awakenings Cafe, 1466 E Cheltenham Ave.
- Children’s Story and Craft Hour – Every Thursday 10am – 11am – Great Awakenings Cafe, 1466 E Cheltenham Ave.
- Community Bible Study -Every Wednesday 6:30pm – 7:30pm – Great Awakenings Cafe, 1466 E Cheltenham Ave.
- HIV and Hepatitis C Testing – Sun, November 30, 11am – 4pm, St. Mark’s Church, 4442 Frankford Avenue, Philadelphia, PA, – Philly Faith in Action was brings the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and Drexel University with their mobile medical center to St Marks for rapid HIV and hepatitis C testing, counseling and follow up care. They will be here the 2nd Saturday of every month.
- Nature’s Hidden Surprises –Wed, December 3, 9:30am – 11:30am, I St. and Ramona Ave – Join TTF Environmental Educator Judith Gratz for a free themed nature Walk. RSVP Doryan De Angel doryan@ttfwater
shed.org or 215.744.1850
- Frankford Civic Association Meeting – Thu, December 4, 7pm – 8pm, Aria Hospital, 2nd floor
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony –Fri, December 5, 6pm – 7pm, Frankford Avenue and Pratt Street, in front of the Holiday Thriftway
- Frankford Business and Professional Association First Annual Holiday Bizarre – Sat, December 6, 10am – 6pm, Frankford Avenue and Pratt Street at the Holiday Thriftway – Vendors can sign up for the event by Nov. 17 by contacting Nafisah Lewis at jsgscents50@gm
ail.com Cost is $30 per table
- Bird Walk in Tacony Creek Park – Sat, December 6, 8:00am – 10:30am, Tacony Creek Park, Roosevelt Blvd. and Bingham St. – Join us for a free walk to look at the birds with an expert birder, Keith Russell of the Audubon Society. Expect some good bird spotting (Woodpeckers, Chickadees, Hawks). Donuts, coffee and binoculars will be provided. RSVP Doryan De Angel doryan@ttfwater
shed.org or 215.744.1850
- Christmas Bazaar – Sat, December 6, 10am – 6pm, Second Baptist Church, 1801 Meadow St. – Homemade Baked Goods, Delicious Food, Pictures with Santa and more.Vendor tables $15. Call 215-779-3745 for more information.
- Grand Army of the Republic Museum Open House –Sun, December 7, 12pm – 5pm, 4278 Griscom Street, Philadelphia, PA 19124 – Presentation at 1:30 PM: Mark Dunkelman – ‘Gettysburg’s Unknown Soldier’
- Town Hall Meeting –Tue, December 9, 5:30pm – 6:30pm, Sankofa Freedom Academy Charter School, Penn and Church Sts – Are you curious to learn what the new land bank legislation means and how it can benefit you? If you’re interested in learning more about the land bank legislation that was sponsored by Councilwoman Sanchez, attend our town hall meeting on December 9th at Sankofa Freedom Academy Charter School to learn more.
- CRAFTS WITH PAM – Two in One Encore –Tue, December 9, 2:30pm – 4:00pm, Frankford Neighborhood Library, 4634 Frankford Avenue – It’s a two in one! Back by popular demand, Pam Thomas will demonstrate how to turn ordinary household items into fabulous Christmas wreaths and unique handmade gifts. The workshop is free and designed for adults. Embellishments will be supplied. To begin crafting, please bring a coat hanger, an embroidery hoop or a pre-formed wreath, plus a mason jar to the workshop.Ms. Pamela Thomas has conducted many programs on a variety of topics at the Frankford Library and for other organizations. Space is limited and pre-registratio
n is required. To register, call 215-685-1473, e-mail baxterb@freelib rary.org, or stop into the branch. Bonus: Representatives from Turning Points, a local service provider, will be available during the workshop to provide information and answer questions about the resources that are available to you and your family.
- Historical Society of Frankford program – Tue, December 9, 7:30pm – 9:00pm, 1507 Orthodox St., Philadelphia, PA 19124 – AUTHORS OF NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA Frankford’s Home Grown Historians A first for the Society—members will have a chance to meet and greet local historians/auth
ors—some who have previously offered programs at the Society. They will be signing copies of their books and sharing previews of their upcoming works. These make great gifts—join us!
- Neighborhood Advisory Committee Meeting – Thu, December 11, 7pm – 8pm, 2nd Baptist Church, 1801 Meadow St.
- Open House at Simpson Recreation Center – Fri, December 12, 6:30pm – 7:30pm, Simpson Recreation Center, 1010 Arrott St, Philadelphia, PA 19124 – Simpson Recreation Center announces our new Martial Arts instructor Sensei Charles Stevens. Join us for an open house on Friday, December 12, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. for a free class as well as registration. Martial Arts program will return Friday, January 9, 2015.
- It’s a Wonderful Life with Jesus – Fri, December 12, 7pm – 9pm, (also presented 6PM on Saturday 12/13) Second Baptist Church, 1801 Meadow St. – Drama – free will offering – Light refreshments before and after the show. Also presented on Saturday December 13th at 6:00PM.
- Breakfast with Santa – Sat, December 13, 9:30am – 12:30pm, McIlvain Playground, 5200 Penn St – Come enjoy breakfast with Santa on Saturday, December 13th. There will be two sittings at 9:30 and 11:00. The event includes breakfast consisting of pancakes, sausage and juice, a small gift from Santa and crafts. Bring your camera for personal pictures. The cost is $7.00 per child. This event is for children 10 and under. Breakfast for parents is $5.00.
- Friends of Overington Park –Tue, December 16, 7pm – 8pm, We will meet in the park in fair weather and at 1500 Orthodox St. , the Friends Meeting House, in bad weather or cold months.
- Northwood Civic Association Meeting –Tue, December 16, 7pm – 8pm, St. James Lutheran Church, at Castor Avenue and Pratt Street.
- PSA1 Meeting –Thu, December 18, 7pm – 8pm, Aria Hospital – 4900 Frankford Avenue
- Christmas in Frankford – Thu, December 18, 7pm – 9pm, Grace City Church of Wissinoming, 6035 Walker St, Philadelphia, PA – McIlvain Playground invites you to come join members of the Frankford community for a night full of holiday sounds. The show will be held on Thursday, December 18th and performed by children, teens, adults and families. The event will be held at the Grace City Church of Wissinoming. Tickets are $5.00 in advance and $7.00 at the door and can be purchased at the playground
- Caroling in Overington Park –Fri, December 19, 7pm – 8pm, Overington Park, Ortbodox and Leiper Sts, Philadelphia PA
- Free New Testament Bibles – Sat, December 20, 12pm – 3pm, Christ Fellowship Christian Church, 1639 Harrison St, – We here at Christ Fellowship Christian Church will be giving away free New Testament Bibles for individuals within the community starting around 12 noon until they are all gone.