Reported by Joe Taylor of the 15th Police District Advisory Council (PDAC).
The first in person 15th Police District PSA1 meeting IN OVER A YEAR was hosted by St. Mark’s Church on Thursday July 8th. Captain Walker was on vacation so, Lt. John Venit conducted the meeting. Topics of discussion were many:
- Fireworks. They are legal in Pennsylvania but not in Philadelphia. Fireworks are only allowed with a permit and cannot be used within 150 Feet of an occupied building.
- Dumping of tires. G. M. and T. K. talked about the tires being dumped Behind the Salvation Army bldg. on Griscom St. They said the landlord of the bldg. where Family Dollar is located, they have seen some of his hired workers dumping the tires. They have stacked all of the tires nice and neat. Lt Venit will drive by and check it out.
- Greg Bucceroni, mentioned for dumped tires call 911. This way the event is logged into the system then submit a request to 311 with a photo about the tires.
- Talked about the heavy foot traffic in the St. Mark’s Parking lot around 4:00AM. They are all well dressed, going to a store on the 4400 block of Frankford ave. Has also seen some drug deals going down at the entrance to the church parking lot.
- Dirt bikes and four-wheel quads. They are illegal to drive on Philadelphia Streets.
City working on changing the law to cover all dirt bikes and quads. Lt Vinit mentioned they are not allowed to chase these individual. If the dirt bike or quad is parked on the street or sidewalk then they can impound dirt bike or quad.
- Lt. Venit advised if any business would like to have a police officer stop by, then send the Company name and address and ask to have a patrol officer stop in occasionally.
- The Capuchin Franciscan Friars at the Padre Pio Prayer Center on Church Street sent in a message about 1520 Church St. that was turned into apartments. Many people coming and going. Seems like something is going on at this place.
- Request to obtain a key to lock down playgrounds after 10 PM. Greg B. mentioned that it is usually the maintenance people that have the key for locking playgrounds.
- Old school bus that is no longer owned by any school bus system. The bus is parked on Oxford Ave. Outside of Frankford High School. It has been vandalized and homeless now living in the bus.
- Group of Dominican boys hanging out in the Northwood area playing music. Quality of life issue. Lt. Venit mentioned the last time they arrested these boys none of them lived in the Frankford Area.
The next 15th District PSA1 meeting will be held at a date and time to be announced.