Coming up this Tuesday night at 6:30 PM at the Historical Society of Frankford is High Boyle the historian from the Grand Army of the Republic Library and Museum. See the details below.
We regret we must cancel tonight’s Program Meeting and Holiday Social at the Historical Society of Frankford because of inclement weather and our concern for everyone’s safety getting to/from the meeting. We have posted the travel advisory below.
We are delighted to report that our guest speaker, Jack Wright, has graciously offered to reschedule his presentation (From Horses to Horsepower: Philadelphia Bureau of Fire – 1871-1923) for Spring 2014 (Tuesday, April 8th, 7:30pm).
Our very best wishes to you for the Holidays.
HISTORICAL SOCIETY OF FRANKFORD
1507 Orthodox Street
Philadelphia, PA 19124
Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 5 pm EST this afternoon.
- Locations: The counties adjacent to the I-95 corridor in Northeast Maryland, southeast Pennsylvania and southwest New Jersey.
- Hazard types: occasionally heavy snow.
- Accumulations: snow accumulation generally 4 to 6 inches except 3 to 5 inches Kent County Maryland.
- Timing: in progress and lasting into the early afternoon. Heaviest Snow has already occurred for most of this warning area. The snow will taper off between 2:30 pm and 5 pm.
- Impacts: moderate to possibly severe travel impacts late this morning and midday. Icy Roads remain tonight after the brief snowstorm ends, since temperatures will remain at or below freezing from late today through the rest of the work week.
- Winds: northwest 5 to 15 mph.
- Temperatures: generally in the lower 30s during the snow with some melting on treated pavements.