The July 18th PSA1 meeting at Aria hospital had over 20 people in the room which is a large turnout. Sgt. Al Revel was standing in for Lt. Wood.
The problems on the 4700 block of Griscom are overflowing onto Oxford Avenue as the drug dealers walk the block with impunity. The residents of the block feel intimidated by the presence of men with guns and you can never tell when one will come out from hiding. It is a situation waiting to erupt.
Other issues discussed were:
- Apparently illegal flea markets
- Boarding houses with no license
- The tribute to the young man who was shot at Arrott and Griscom
- Poor police response for an incident on Mulberry Street involving a break in
- Body on the porch in the 1100 block of Overington and 911 response
- Poor lighting at Penn and Dyre
- Illegal truck parking in Northwood
- Drug traffic in the alley between Griscom and Penn on the 4800 block
- The beat cop on Frankford Avenue – residents are pleased with the job he is doing
The next PSA1 meeting will be held on August 15th.