Sgt. Al Revel
The July 18th PSA1 meeting at Aria hospital had over 20 people in the room which is a large turnout. Sgt. Al Revel was standing in for Lt. Wood.
The problems on the 4700 block of Griscom are overflowing onto Oxford Avenue as the drug dealers walk the block with impunity. The residents of the block feel intimidated by the presence of men with guns and you can never tell when one will come out from hiding. It is a situation waiting to erupt.
Other issues discussed were:
- Apparently illegal flea markets
- Boarding houses with no license
- The tribute to the young man who was shot at Arrott and Griscom
- Poor police response for an incident on Mulberry Street involving a break in
- Body on the porch in the 1100 block of Overington and 911 response
- Poor lighting at Penn and Dyre
- Illegal truck parking in Northwood
- Drug traffic in the alley between Griscom and Penn on the 4800 block
- The beat cop on Frankford Avenue – residents are pleased with the job he is doing
The next PSA1 meeting will be held on August 15th.
It was election day Tuesday so attendance was off at the PSA1 meeting at Aria Health. Sargent Al Ravel was filling in for Lt. Derrick Wood and spoke on the Quality of Life issues. He also noted that
Sgt. Al Revel
the police are continuing the investigation into the problems at Foulkrod Street and Frankford Avenue. Progress has been made but it remains a top priority of the PSA1.
So what kind of issue should you bring to the PSA meeting? The kind of thing that is not an emergency at the minute but is an ongoing problem that the police should know about. I noticed one reader posted on SeeClickFix a problem he was having with drugs being sold on his block. Chances are when you call 911 and a car comes out the drug folks will have taken off. If you bring that information to the PSA the Lt. will be able to tackle it in a more systematic way.
The next meeting for PSA1 is scheduled for May 22nd at Aria Health at 7PM. PSA1 services Frankford South of Bridge Street.
The next meeting for PSA2 is scheduled for May 17th at the Wissinoming Recreation Center (CHELTENHAM & HAWTHORNE) at 7PM. PSA2 serves Frankford North of Bridge Street.