- Community Fair – Sat, June 22, 11am – 3pm, Glading Memorial Presbyterian Church, 1267 E. Cheltenham Ave. – State Rep. James Clay will host a Community Fair to celebrate the beginning of summer and promote unity in our community. Come enjoy a day of fun and receive valuable information about free or low-cost programs provided by state, local and federal agencies.
- LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR FOOD – Mon, June 24, 5:00pm – 6:30pm, Frankford Library – HOW TO SHOP, STORE, PREPARE AND SERVE IT SAFELY. with ServSafe-Certif
ied Presenter, Keisha Prosser Table Setting
- Benefits of Companion Planting – Mon, June 24, 6pm – 7pm, Wissinoming Park Playground – A Pennsylvania Horticultural Society Workshop – Environmental educator and Master Gardener Lori Hayes will explain how the right combination of plants can help your garden, whether you have a large yard or just a few flower pots. This Workshop is Free to the Public, the Community is invited to attend. For more information, Contact Janet E Bernstein, Frankford Garden Club President, at 267-982-9620 jamberstone@gma
il.com or Vice President Johnnie Mae Parker 215-537-0145
- Senior Breakfast – Tue, June 25, 8am – 10am, Aria Health, Frankford – 2nd floor conference room – It’s time to take charge of your health and wellness! Aria will provide our community seniors with monthly insightful tips and information on issues that are directly affection you and your health needs. Breakfast will be provided free of charge. To reserve your seat call 1-877-808-2742.
- Northeast Philadelphia EPIC Stakeholders Group – Thu, June 27, 5:30pm – 7:30pm, 2nd Baptist Church, 1801 Meadow Street
- Frankford Neighborhood Center 14th Anniversary Recognition Banquet – Thu, June 27, 7pm – 11pm, Unity Hall, 1349 Unity Street – Honoring Marie Delaney, Chanta-l Hardy and Jennifer Powell-Folks. Tickets $25.00 per person. Deluxe buffet, Open wine and beer bar. Live jazz and entertainment.
- Frankford Community Health Fair – Sat, June 29, 1pm – 4pm, Aria Health – Frankford Parking Lot, 4900 Frankford Ave. Health Partners in collaboration with Aria Health – Frankford and the Frankford CDC invite you to celebrate health and wellness with us. BMI (body mass index) and blood pressure screenings, face painting, information and give aways.
- Mural Dedication – Sat, June 29, 1pm – 4pm, Womrath Park, Frankford Ave. at Kensington Ave. – Imagining Frankford Celebration hosted by Councilwoman Maria D. Quinonez-Sanche
z. Join The City of Philadelphia Mural Arts Program, The Philadelphia Water Department, and Frankford’s EPIC and NAC groups to celebrate the completed series of murals, the corridor improvements, and the rain garden.
- Friends of Overington Park – Wed, July 3, 7pm – 8pm, Overington Park, by the tool shed
- Frankford Civic Association Meeting – Thu, July 11, 7pm – 8pm, 2nd floor conference room, Aria Health, 4900 Frankford Avenue
- Neighborhood Advisory Council Meeting – Thu, July 11, 7pm – 8pm, 2nd Baptist Church, 1801 Meadow St.
- Frankford Garden Club – Mon, July 22, 6:30pm – 7:30pm, Wissinoming Park Playground
- Northeast Philadelphia EPIC Stakeholders Group – Thu, July 25, 5:30pm – 7:30pm, 2nd Baptist Church, 1801 Meadow Street
- PSA 1 Meeting – Thu, July 25, 7pm – 8pm, Aria Hospital 4900 Frankford Ave,