Simpson Recreation Center is looking for an Afterschool Instructor for the 2018-19 School year.
The After-School program provides social and structural support to children and youth during non-school hours. As the director, you will be responsible for supervision of the participants as well as management of the program. You will work with the Recreation Center’s staff as well as members of the Parks & Recreation staff to ensure the development of the children and program. As the director, you will carry out daily activities, ensure the safety and physical well being of the children, maintain communication with the facility supervisor, and handle afterschool paperwork.
- Follow policies and procedures of the Philadelphia Parks & Recreation Afterschool Program.
- Attend staff meetings
- Meet with the Recreation facility supervisor to evaluate the children and program.
- Respect confidentiality of all staff and participants information.
- Attend continuing education training required by the Philadelphia Parks & Recreation Afterschool program.
- Keep accurate records of training.
- Keep accurate attendances as well as any other documentation need for the program.
- Plan daily activities for the program.
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment while completing expected task.
- Regularly clean up materials and classroom space.
- Support children in their emotional and physical growth.
- Assist children in their academics and encourage literacy and math skills.
- 21 years of age or older
- A graduate of High School or G.E.D.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Complete background checks
- Complete required training mandated by the Philadelphia Park & Recreation Afterschool Program.
- Some college experiences preferred.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and flexibility.
- Experience working with school-age children.
- Experience working with children from diverse backgrounds.
Interested candidates should either email or fax resumes to Ms. Cynthia Young at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 215-537-3494.