The congregation of St. Mary’s Malankara Orthodox Church at Orthodox and Penn Streets has held their last service in Frankford. They have relocated the church farther up in the Northeast to better serve their members. We wish them well.
The building was originally St. Luke’s Reformed Episcopal Church which was designed by architect Frank Rushmore Watson. It has been purchased by Frankford Friends School for use as an almost full-size gym as well as to provide enhanced music and theater spaces.
This is a win for the Frankford community. Frankford Friends will care for it well and continue to stabilize that area of Frankford.
The Church property is for sale for $499,000. Price is inclusive of: 2 story church building, 12,390 sq ft PLUS 2 adjoining lots.
Located across from historic Friends Meeting house and Frankford Friends School. See details below of the open house on March 19th to view the property.
The folks at St. Mary’s Malankara Orthodox Church at Orthodox and Penn Streets had their annual yard sale on September 10th this year. You may have noticed in passing that the building, originally built as St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, is for sale. The congregation has reluctantly reached the decision that they must move to a new location.
The church has been meticulously maintained and no doubt some new church group will find a new home there. Until then, our friends will continue to hold services there each Sunday.
October 31st at St. Mary’s Cathedral, 1424 Orthodox Street they are having a yard sale from 10AM to 2PM. Have a look at the flyer below.
1424 Orthodox St on HALLOWEEN Saturday, OCTOBER 31 from 10am to 2pm