- Satellite Office of State Rep. John Taylor -Every Thursday, 5pm – 7pm, Simpson Playground, 1010 Arrott St. – Open to the public to meet Rep. Taylor or a member of his staff to discuss whatever issue is on your mind.
- Live Music -Every Saturday 7pm – 10pm – Great Awakenings Cafe, 1466 E Cheltenham Ave.
- Children’s Story and Craft Hour – Every Thursday 10am – 11am – Great Awakenings Cafe, 1466 E Cheltenham Ave.
- Community Bible Study -Every Wednesday 6:30pm – 7:30pm – Great Awakenings Cafe, 1466 E Cheltenham Ave.
- Keep the Faith in Frankford – Every Wednesday 6:30pm – 8:00pm – St Mark’s Church Frankford, 4442 Frankford Avenue
- iPAD Lessons – Wed, April 15, 10am – 11am, Peter Bressi Northeast Senior Center 4744 Frankford Avenue – Come experience the power of technology taught simply! A very informative, free of charge event, also 4/22, 29
- Overington Park Cleanup – Sat, April 11, 10am – 1pm, Overington Park, Leiper and Orthodox St – We need help in the park this Saturday April 11th from 10 till 1. We need to clean out our flower beds, rake up the leaves along Leiper St. and get our park in shape for Spring! We will also be installing our new Bulletin Board.
- Historical Society of Frankford Program – Tue, April 14, 7:30pm – 9:00pm, 1507 Orthodox St, Philadelphia – 18th CENTURY DOMESTIC MEDICINE Nicole Salomone, Medical Historian/Lectu
rer /Author. Late 18th Century domestic medicines could include folk remedies, family tales, Indian lore, homegrown herbs, patent medicines and local concoctions of inconsistent efficacy. Until the founding of Frankford Hospital in 1903, area residents resorted to some creative cures. Join Medical Historian Nicole Salomone for this lecture/display .
- Frankford Business and Professional Association – Tue, April 14, 12pm – 2pm, Aria Hospital, 4900 Frankford Avenue, 2nd Floor – General Body Meeting. Join us and learn about different resources for your business & network with local business owners! Lunch will be provided. Featured Speakers
Michelle Feldman, Keep Philadelphia Beautiful; Matt Miller, Office of State Representative Jason Dawkins; Kyle Santoferraro, FINANTA; Brandon Smith, InVision Security & Safe Cam Program – To RSVP call or email Ileana Garcia at 215-743-6582 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cookology Class – Fri, April 17, 10am – 11am, Peter Bressi Northeast Senior Center 4744 Frankford Ave. – Please join us for our cookology class on Friday, A certified Dietitian will be whipping up some delicious, nutritious treats for all to sample! A very popular, free of charge event.
- First Time Homebuyer & Financial Literacy Workshop – Sat, April 18, 10am – 12pm, McIlvain Recreation Center, 5200 Penn Street – First Time Homebuyer & Financial Literacy Workshop: PHA Scattered Site & Housing Choice Voucher Program – Did you know that you could use your Section 8 or Section 5H voucher to qualify for a mortgage to purchase a home.? Come out and learn about PHA’s Scattered Site & Housing Choice Voucher Homeownership Program. First time homebuyers must complete housing counseling as a prerequisite. Clarifi has a staff of certified credit and housing counselors who are ready to help you sort out your unique financial priorities. Learn about the services and resources that Clarifi has to offer first time homebuyers who are looking to qualify for one of PHA’s homeownership programs.
- 3rd Annual Healthy Trails 5k run/walk – Sun, April 19, 8am – 10am, Friends Hospital, 4641 Roosevelt Boulevard – The third annual Healthy Trails 5k run/walk in Tacony Creek Park will start and finish on the Friends Hospital campus. This event is on a fully paved, stroller and pet friendly trail. Bring the whole family! CONTACT: Robin Irizarry robin@ttfwaters
hed.org/215.744 .1853 Registration opens: Friday, March 6 at 12 p.m.
- 5th Annual Spring Tea – Sun, April 19, 11:30am – 2:30pm, St Joachim’s Church, 1527 Church Street
- COMMEDIA DELL’ARTE – Sun, April 19, 1pm – 3pm, Frankford Historical Society, 1507 Orthodox Street – Performance, Kid’s Medieval Workshop, For your amusement, Impresario David K Schreur (Baron Fum, Society for Creative Anachronism) and his group, I ZANNI ILLUMINATI, will entertain in the timeless tradition of the Commedia Dell’Arte. Following their one-of-a kind presentation, a Medieval Performance Workshop will be conducted for the young folks, culminating in an impromptu production. As the children’s workshop is conducted,
adults will enjoy listening to live music on period instruments, viewing the Society’s extensive library and museum collections reflecting the history of Northeast Philadelphia, and sipping adult libations. A light Continental brunch will be available throughout. Community Social – Refreshments served. Fee $5.00
- Friends of Overington Park –Tue, April 21, 7pm – 8pm – We will meet in the park in fair weather and at 1500 Orthodox St. , the Friends Meeting House, in bad weather or cold months.
- Northwood Civic Association Meeting – Tue, April 21, 7pm – 8pm, St. James Lutheran Church, at Castor Avenue and Pratt Street
- PSA1 meeting – Thurs April 23, 7PM – Aria Hospital, 4900 Frankford Avenue
- Frankford Chargers 47th Annual Awards Banquet – Sun, April 26, 3pm – 6pm, Romano’s Catering, 1523 East Wingohocking Street – Tickets only in advance at Gambrel Recreation Center on Monday, Wednesday or Friday 6 to 730PM. $25. Ticket sales end April 6th.
- Piano Recital by Joseph Krupa – Sun, April 26, 3pm – 5pm, Frankford Historical Society, 1507 Orthodox Street – Pianist Joseph Krupa has a Master of Music in Piano Performance from the University of Calgary, appeared as a concerto soloist with the Orchestra Society of Philadelphia and Chestnut Hill Orchestra, and participated in workshops and master classes in Europe, Canada, and the United States. His piano performance will include compositions by Haydn, Beethoven, Chopin, Debussy, and Rachmaninoff. Guests will have the chance to dialogue with him about the music and composers during a reception with light refreshments following the performance.
Refreshments served. Members $12.00; Others $15.00
- Senior Breakfast – Tue, April 28, 8am – 10am, Aria Health, Frankford – 2nd floor cafeteria – Aria will provide our community seniors with monthly, insightful tips and information on issues that are directly affecting you and your health. Breakfast will be provided free of charge. To reserve your seat call 1-877-808-2742 and then press 2.
- Monthly Birthday Party – Tue, April 28, 11:45am – 12:45pm, Peter Bressi Northeast Senior Center 4744 Frankford Ave – Come celebrate your birthday! We have a monthly birthday party. Join us for cake, ice cream, lunch, and live entertainment!
- Frankford Garden Club – Tue, April 28, 6:30pm – 7:30pm, Wissinoming Park Playground
- Northeast Philadelphia EPIC Stakeholders Group, Thu, April 30, 5:30pm – 7:30pm, 2nd Baptist Church, 1801 Meadow Street
- Roller Derby – Fri, May 1, 8pm – 10pm, Northeast Frankford Boys and Girls Club, 1801 Kinsey Street
- Grand Army of the Republic Museum Open House – Sun, May 3, 12pm – 5pm, 4278 Griscom Street – Presentation at 1:30 PM
- Public Information Meeting – Tue, May 5, 6pm – 7pm, Frankford Friends Meetinghouse, 1500 Orthodox Street – To inform the school community and neighborhood about Frankford Friends School’s proposed outdoor classroom to be developed on the vacant lot at 1515 Orthodox Street, and about the environmental assessment that has been conducted.
- Frankford Civic Association Meeting –Wed, May 6, 7pm – 8pm, St Mark’s Church Frankford, 4442 Frankford Avenue