Community Health Worker/Certified Peer Training Specialist Academy
Drexel University Center for Nonviolence and Social Justice
Would you or someone you know be interested in joining our team? We’re currently looking to hire a new Commercial Corridor Manager and Corridor Cleaners! See descriptions below. To apply, email your resume and cover letter (Word document or PDF) to email@example.com with the applicable job title in the subject heading. Please see job descriptions below.
Commercial Corridor Manager
The corridor manager will be expected to cultivate relationships with a diverse business and client base, deliver services to businesses and entrepreneurs, make referrals, and help businesses navigate city departments and programs.
A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree in urban planning, economic development, or related field is preferred. A minimum of two years of community and development related experience preferred. Volunteer/intern work experience will be considered in lieu of paid work experience. Qualified candidate must work with a diverse population, exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills, be familiar with Microsoft Office, Zoom, and Google Drive.
Duties + Responsibilities
- Maintain relationships/contacts with local businesses owners and business association members and other organizations along the Frankford Avenue business corridor.
- Serve as a liaison between local business owners and City departments.
- Provide assistance to business owners for City Grant Applications (Storefront Improvement Program, InStore Program, etc).
- Contribute quarterly articles for the organization’s newsletter for events involving the commercial corridor, businesses resources, and business association meetings.
- Maintain resource library for businesses along with existing business database.
- Coordinate and execute all special events for Frankford Pause Park Programming
- Responsible for quarterly reporting of all activities in the established format.
- Participate in community engagement outreach to residents and business owners about Frankford CDC events and programing.
- Attend community meetings facilitated by other organizations in Frankford.
- Compile a commercial property database for properties along the commercial corridor.
- Other duties as requested by the Executive Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must be able to relate effectively with community residents.
Work Environment and Primary Work Locations
Must be flexible to work on evening and some weekend activities. The primary location will be the designated agency at which the program operates. The work environment may include other venues at which the program may have activities such as health fairs, job fairs, and/or housing fairs. *Subject to change due to COVID*
Moderate physical exertion required (walking). Must have the ability to engage in door-to-door outreach/canvassing.
Starting Salary Range
$34,000 – $36,000 + Benefits
Corridor Cleaning Assistant
The Frankford CDC’s Corridor Cleaning Assistance program assist in the cleaning of sidewalks on the Frankford Avenue commercial corridor. Under this program, FCDC
also undertakes public space maintenance activities, litter reduction campaigns and community engagement.
Duties of Corridor Cleaning Assistants:
- Clean the sidewalks and out to eighteen (18) inches in the streets; this area shall cover the curb and storm inlets.
- Clean all four (4) corners of any intersection found at the end of cleaning routes;
- Clean a minimum of twenty (20) feet along any secondary side streets that intersect with the primary commercial streets to be cleaned;
- Ensure that weeds or grass are no higher than eight (8) inches on all sidewalks along each route;
- Remove posters, stickers and other debris off street furniture including parking, telephone poles and traffic signs; and
- Assist with cleaning and maintenance of other public spaces and vacant lots on Frankford Avenue
- Assist with promotion of litter reduction campaigns and community engagement
- Assist with promotion and distribution of COVID-19 related resources for small business along Frankford Avenue
- Track number of blocks cleaned and number of bags used during cleaning.
- Make 311 reports for all city related issues (i.e. graffiti, potholes, illegal dumping, etc.)
The above activities shall be performed in the commercial area from the 4200 block to the 5200 block of Frankford Avenue.
Neighborhood Energy Center Coordinator
The Frankford CDC’s Neighborhood Energy Center Coordinator will be responsible for providing comprehensive energy services to low-income households.
Services to be provided include:
- Intake for Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Intake or referral to Crisis;
- Utility bill payment assistance programs including: the Philadelphia Gas Works Workshop Program, energy counseling Weatherization Assistance Program, energy education; and other energy related service
- Starting Salary – $15/hr
The deadline is January 31st, see details below.