The City of Philadelphia is helping renters stay in their homes. One way is by offering emergency rental assistance to help tenants who have lost income due to COVID-19. Rental assistance helps landlords too.
Applications for Covid rental assistance are available at the Frankford CDC (4667 Paul Street). You can pick one up on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 am to 1 pm. The entire application must be completed with proof of income ID and copy of the lease. The landlord must sign a few documents as well.
Once the application is finished in its entirety, you have the option of either mailing it or faxing it. Partially completed applications will not be accepted.
See details below.
Every Monday and Wednesday at the Frankford Community Development Corporation:
Did you know that just one tree on your street can cool your block with the strength of 10 air conditioners? With a free yard tree from TreePhilly, you can cut your summer energy costs by 30% and save on heating in the winter. Register now to pick up a tree (or two!) on October 12!
Join the Frankford CDC and Hinge Collective as we unveil the design updates for Frankford Pause 2.0!
Wednesday, September 11
6 – 7:30 PM
4671 Paul Street
- Food will be served.
- Learn about our observation and engagement process
- See the new proposed design improvements
- Provide feedback on proposed improvements
- Learn about upcoming programming and ways to get involved
Frankford CDC is hiring more corridor cleaners!
Thanks to Mayor Kenney and City Council’s Fiscal Year 2020 City Budget, which allocated an additional $2 million to corridor cleaning programs, organizations such as the Frankford CDC are able to increase their cleaning efforts. Without our elected officials and the advocacy of Philadelphia Association of Community Development Corporations, this would not be possible.
Corridor Cleaning Assistant Job Description
The Frankford CDC’s Corridor Cleaning Assistance program assists in the cleaning of sidewalks on the Frankford Avenue commercial corridor. Under this program, FCDC also undertakes public space maintenance activities, litter reduction campaigns and community engagement.
Duties of Corridor Cleaning Assistants:
- Clean the sidewalks and out to eighteen (18) inches in the streets; this area shall cover the curb and storm inlets.
- Clean all four (4) corners of any intersection found at the end of cleaning routes;
- Clean a minimum of twenty (20) feet along any secondary side streets that intersect with the primary commercial streets to be cleaned;
- Ensure that weeds or grass are no higher than eight (8) inches on all sidewalks along each route;
- Remove posters, stickers and other debris off street furniture including parking, telephone poles and traffic signs; and
- Assist with cleaning and maintenance of other public spaces and vacant lots on Frankford Avenue
- Assist with promotion of litter reduction campaigns and community engagement
- Track number of blocks cleaned and number of bags used during cleaning.
- Make 311 reports for all city related issues (i.e. graffiti, potholes, illegal dumping, etc.)
The above activities shall be performed in the commercial area from the 4200 block to the 5200 block of Frankford Avenue.
To apply contact Kimberly Washington at (215) 743 – 6580 or by email at email@example.com
To download the job description, click here.