Frankford CDC along with Philly Rising and the Travis Manion Group will be doing a massive clean up of the corridor from the 5200 to 4200 of Frankford Avenue. We will be cleaning Frankford Avenue and the surrounding neighborhood but we need your help!!! For additional information or to register as a volunteer, please contact
Sanya Brown, Northeast Divisional Coordinator with PhillyRising at 215.686.8413.
I wanted to let all of you know that moving forward, we will no longer have our meetings at the library, as we will be teaming up with the EPIC Stakeholders group that meets on the last Thursday of the month, every month (unless otherwise noted) at 5:30pm at Second Baptist Church, 1801 Meadow Street.
There are light refreshments that are served and the meetings are always extraordinarily informative so I am very much looking forward to this collaboration and to seeing everyone there. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need anything additional.
Sanya L. Brown
Assistant Managing Director│PhillyRising Collaborative
City of Philadelphia│Office of the Managing Director
Municipal Services Building
1401 JFK Boulevard, Suite 1430
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102-1683
At the Library at 5:30 PM.
*************************** Meeting Agenda ***************************
1. Greetings & Words of Welcome from Sanya L. Brown
2. Community Walkthrough – Update
3. Youth Career Boot Camp 2014
- a. Saturdays, June 7th & 14th 2014 (tentatively)
- b. 11:00am – 1:00pm
- c. Light Snacks will be provided
- d. Location: TBA
4. Litter Reduction Campaign 2014
5. Questions, Comments & Announcements
- a. The next meeting will be on Monday, April 14th 2014 at 5:30pm
At the Frankford PhillyRising monthly meeting on February 10th, Sanya Brown updated residents on issues raised at the inaugural meeting in January.
- The issue of the need for a health facility in Frankford was raised last month. Jason Dawkins suggested that Aria Hospital offered the use of its facilities to the public. Sanya investigated and found that the Aria Health Wellness Center is open to the public. This is for exercise, using equipment at the facility in the ground floor of garage building on Frankford Avenue. The cost is $29 per month and does not require a contract. It is payable monthly by cash or credit card. For more information open this pdf.
- A resident discussed drug problems at a laundromat near Harrison and Tackawanna Streets. Sanya noted that the information was passed on the the police at the last PSA meeting.
- The issue of revitalizing the business corridor was discussed and the result is a new Litter Reduction Campaign which will launch in the Spring. It will be aimed at business owners on the Frankford Avenue business corridor.
- A career Boot Camp for youth is being planned for possible scheduling in May.
A citizens Engagement Academy is being held in Lawncrest. We had one in Frankford last year which those attending thought was very worthwhile. Anyone interested in attending this course should read this attached pdf for further information.
The next Frankford PhillyRising meeting will be held on March 10th at 5:30 PM at the Frankford Branch of the Free Library.