Coming up on May 25th is a special event in Frankford. To coincide with the National Missing Children’s Day, the Say Nooo to Strangers Foundation is holding a Walk to bring attention to the issue.
Along with the walk there will be a parade with up to 25 drill teams from around the city.
Leading off the parade will be the Frankford High ROTC. Following them will be the elders of Post 224 and CJ Waddy who is the founder of the Say Nooo to Strangers Foundation.
The event starts at the Gambrel Recreation center on Ditman Street. The drill teams will perform at Ditman and Orthodox.
Refreshments for the kids and a performance of the song from the the Say Nooo to Strangers show.
Event sponsors are:
Good Books U NOOO
Education Nation Learning Center
One Stop Uuto
PSK Custom Collision Center
Fly Guys Barber Shop
Wade Brothers Roofing
Jackie’s King of Seafood
State Representative James Clay Jr.
OOO View Films
For further information, you can call CJ Waddy at 267-622-0906
As usual, the NE EPIC Stakeholders meeting provided dinner and a full plate of information as well.
- Doris Booker and Jennifer Selby reported on their attendance at the Frankford Civic and PSA1 meetings
- Douglas Bryant, President of the Frankford NAC, reported on a proposed new shopping center to be built at Tulip Street and Harbison Avenue. That is the large property that was, years ago, SKF. The American Heritage FCU is on the Bridge Street side. It will be called the Shops at Wissinoming and feature a large food market and numerous stores. If all goes well we might see that open up in about two years.
Laverne Andrews at the NE EPIC Stakeholders
- Simone Smith reported on the first week of the Citizens Engagement Academy which held its first session on April 24th. It will run for 7 more weeks.
- Laverne Andrews, a gifted communicator, presented for CAPE PA (Child Abuse Prevention Effort) a program on Communicating with Respect.
- Cheryl Cutrona Esq. made a presentation of the Good Shepard Mediation Program.
- CJ Waddy spoke about the Say Nooo to Strangers Foundation plans for National Day for Missing Children on May 25th.
The next meeting of the NE EPIC Stakeholders will be on May 30th at 5:30 PM at 2nd Baptist Church at 1801 Meadow Street.